GPL to Go
Last updated: August 29, 2023
GPL To Go
Contactless Curbside Service
Now available at Goshen Public Library!
Pick-ups will be from 2:00pm – 6:00pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Pick-up location: front entrance of GPL
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The safety of all library staff, patrons, and guests is our highest concern. GPL To Go: Contactless Curbside Service has been designed prioritizing safety first.
- When you encounter staff, they will be wearing face coverings. We encourage you to wear your own face covering also.
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines by remaining at least 6 feet from staff and other patrons at all times.
- Follow all instructions posted and remain at designated spots until it is your turn.
- Only one person should pick up materials at a time. Please do not bring additional friends or family members to the pick-up zone.
How to Hold Your Materials
- You are strongly encouraged to reserve items online. Locate our catalog at https://goshenpl.lib.in.us/
- If you prefer to reserve by phone, call 533-9531 during phone hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00am – 2:00pm and a Reference librarian will help you to place your holds. Please have your library card barcode ready when calling.
- You may also email your requests to us. You must include your library card number when emailing your requests.
- During this period, the limit for reserved items will be 10 at a time.
- Only holdable items found in our GPL catalog are available for pick up. Most items are available to hold including books, audiobooks, music, and movies.
- Please limit your requests to GPL items only when possible. Items requested from Elkhart Public Library will be delayed for a longer period of time.
Waiting for Your Materials
- Holds will be processed in the order that they are received. Please be aware that extended wait times may occur and some requests will not be available on the next scheduled pick up date. Thank you in advance for your patience.
- Once materials are processed and ready for you to pick up, you will be notified by phone, email, or text message, depending on what notification option you selected when you registered for a library card. Please do not try to pick materials up before you receive notification from us as they will not be available.
Picking Up Your Materials (Mon/Wed/Fri 2pm – 6pm)
- The pick-up area will be outside of the main entrance to the library. If driving, you may pull along the curb or park in the parking lot.
- Walk up to the door area, stopping at the appropriate 6 foot distance if there is a line.
- We will have a table with materials staffed by a GPL employee. Please remain 6 feet from this table and do not cross the designated line.
- Give your name and the last four digits of your library card barcode.
- The staff member will pull your bag of books and place them on a second nearby table.
- When they have returned to the main table, you may then retrieve your bag and leave.
- The items you are picking up have already been checked out to you and there will be a receipt listing the due dates inside the bag.
- Staff are unable to accept your returns directly. Please place materials you wish to return in one of our outside drop boxes. During curbside service, there will be an outside bin for returning audio materials. It will be located near the front door.