Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday – 10 am to 8 pm | Tuesday – 1 pm to 8 pm | Friday- 10 am to 6 pm | Saturday – 10 am to 4 pm

  • GoodReads

What If I Don’t Live In Elkhart Township?

Reciprocal Borrower’s Card The Goshen Public Library and many local public libraries have an agreement to provide reciprocal borrowing to patrons. We will register qualified patrons upon the presentation of a valid borrower’s card from your home library and identification with your current address. Reciprocal cardholders may borrow all materials except fiction* videos/DVDs and rental equipment from the Goshen Public Library. Each library sets its own policies on what may be borrowed through the reciprocal borrowing agreement. Please check on what restrictions may apply before selecting materials. This service is meant to complement, not replace, the services of your local library.

*All videos marked with “genre” stickers (e.g., “Comedy”, “Drama”, etc.) are considered fiction. Any videos with a Dewey Decimal Number are considered nonfiction.

Elkhart Township Property/Business Owner Card
A property owner card may be issued to someone who lives outside Elkhart Township, but owns property within Elkhart Township. These have the same duration and privileges as resident cards. To obtain a Property Owner’s Card, the patron must present two forms of ID; one verifying their home address, and one verifying property owned in Elkhart Township. The preferred ID is their most recent receipt for property taxes paid. If this isn’t available (for instance, if the property is recently purchased), a deed or mortgage document is acceptable.

Business Cards The Library will issue business cards to any business or company in Goshen or Elkhart Township. This enables non-resident employees to use Library materials for purposes related to the operations of the business. The card may not be used to check out materials for personal use. A letter of request must be written on company letterhead and signed by the person who will accept responsibility for the card. The letter must include a list of names of employees who will have access to the card.

Professional Use Cards The Professional Use Card may be issued to someone who lives outside Elkhart Township but teaches at an Elkhart Township School. The card may be used to check out any materials for use in teaching. It may not be used to check out materials for personal use. It is valid through the end of July, and can be renewed each year. To get a Professional Use card the patron must bring in some ID with their current address

Non-Resident Cards Persons living in an area without library services may purchase a Goshen Public Library card for an annual fee.

Public Library Access Cards (PLAC) The PLAC card is a library card which allows the holder to borrow materials from any public library in the state of Indiana. The card can be purchased for an annual fee, and may be purchased at any Indiana public library. A patron must present their current home library card and one form of identification.

Goshen College Students Goshen College students who show their current student identification cards and one ID with a home address are eligible for a Library card. The card is valid through the end of August of the current school year.