Goshen Public Library is Fine Free!
As of February 22, 2022, the Goshen Public Library is fine free! This means that you will no longer be charged a late fine when you return an item past its due date. In addition, the Library is removing all pre-existing late fines and fees for all library accounts. Everyone gets a fresh start!
As a welcoming place for all, our goal is to increase access and eliminate financial barriers that keep community members from using the library. We want to make it as easy as possible to use the valuable resources we offer the community.
How does it work?
You will be able to check out materials just like you have in the past. Items will still have a due date and you will receive reminders about overdue items, however you won’t be charged any late fines as long as you return the items to the Library.
You can still renew items (as long as no one else has a hold on them). If an item is not returned within 30 days of the due date, you will be charged a replacement fee. Your card will be inactive until the item is returned, but all you need to do is return that item and you will be back on track.
- There will be no more late fines for overdue books, CDs, and movies.
- All fines and fees prior to 2/22/2022 will be waived from your library account.
What’s Not Changing:
- There will still be fees for items that are not returned or that are damaged.
- There will continue to be late fines on hotspots (This is due to the need to keep these items in circulation to increase Internet access for our community).
- There will be fees for late Interlibrary Loan items that are set by the home library.
Have questions about these changes? Please contact us by email or by phone at 574-533-9531.