FAMILY HISTORY MONTH
October is National Family History Month! If you would like to research your family history, GPL has several resources to help you get started:
- Ancestry Library (CLICK HERE to access from home) Genealogical database with extensive coverage of the U.S. and the U.K., including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas.
- HeritageQuest Online Genealogical database of over 25,000 family and local histories, the entire U.S. Federal Census, PERSI™, and more. Access anywhere with your GPL card number.
- NewspaperARCHIVE – Indiana (CLICK HERE to access from home) Features articles from Indiana’s historical newspapers. Allows you to search for your ancestors by name and to narrow your results by year and location. The archives cover a variety of Indiana newspapers from the early 1800’s – 2017 and specifically Goshen newspapers from 1839-1923.
- National Family History Month: How to Discover Your Family History
- Other Genealogy Resources