Five laptops are available to borrow for in-library use. Laptops have the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Zoom and wireless Internet access.
To check out a laptop from the Front Desk, you will need to:
- Have an eligible library card in good standing from the list below:
- Goshen Public Library Adult Resident
- Goshen Public Library Adult Non-Resident
- Elkhart Public Library Adult Resident
- Elkhart Public Library Non-Resident
- Goshen College ID
- Have less than $10 in fees and less than ten overdue items.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a current photo ID.
- Sign a GPL Laptop Lending Agreement and leave a photo ID at the Front Desk while using a laptop.
Laptops can be used on both the main and lower level. They may not leave the building. Wireless signal quality may vary throughout the building.
Laptops can be borrowed on a first-come first-serve basis for 2-hour periods, with a possibility of additional time, depending on availability.
- No personal information will be retained on the laptop after use or after a reboot. The system will automatically remove all documents, web history, etc. in order to return it to a former state.
- Any documents saved on the laptop will be lost immediately upon the restarting of the laptop. Any work must be saved to a USB flash drive or stored in an online account.
- Earbuds and USB flash drives are available for purchase at the Circulation Desk.
There is a printing fee of 10 cents/page for B&W copies, 25 cents/page for color copies.