Community Engagement Manager
Goshen Public Library is Hiring for a Development & Community Engagement Manager
JOB TITLE: Community Engagement Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This full-time, salaried position reports to the Director and is coordinating and managing the Library’s marketing, development and community engagement presence. The Development & Community Engagement Manager works to increase the library’s visibility and broaden awareness of what the library offers to the community. Position includes some evening and weekend work. Position involves membership on the library management team and other committees as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Community Communication & Marketing (40%)
- Communicates GPL’s mission, goals, value, accomplishments and activities to media representatives, community leaders, elected officials, Board members, and other key constituencies.
- Cohesively creates, updates, and administers a comprehensive community marketing plan which includes regularly gathering community input and assessing needs in Goshen; identifying opportunities to attract and engage new users and retain current ones; and successfully promoting the library’s core resources, services and programs.
- Develops an engaging virtual experiences and monitors the library’s social media presence.
- Oversees library communications across multiple venues and formats in order to ensure consistency in messaging and use of the GPL brand.
Community Development & Engagement (35%)
- Cultivates relationships that lead to support for the overall health of library.
- Advocates and seeks resources to support new library initiatives that meet the needs of the community.
- Searches for grant opportunities including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Under the supervision of the director, fosters community engagement for the library, including outreach to local businesses and nonprofits, participation in community events, and serving on local boards and committees.
- Represents GPL publicly at meetings and other activities, as directed.
Programming & General Support (25%)
- Collaboratively works with staff to create engaging classes and events for the community.
- Responsible for gathering and reporting monthly department statistics to the Director and Library Board.
- Understands and implements library procedures and policies, while safeguarding confidential and restricted information.
- Cooperates as a team member in performing duties essential to the achievement of efficient library operations.
- Keeps informed of current information and trends at local, regional, and national levels.
- Attends library board, management, staff, and consortium meetings.
- Attends other professional meetings, conferences, and workshops, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to obtain and maintain the Indiana certification requirements for a department head (Class B, LC 5 minimum requirement).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, friendly, and service-driven working relationships with staff and public.
- Ability to empathize and relate to patrons and community needs; a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to establish partnerships with a wide range of organizations such as neighborhood groups, business associations, social service agencies, and religious institutions.
- Knowledge of PC and Windows software applications.
- Possess basic typing and computer skills.
- Ability to embrace, adapt to, and effectively implement change.
- Ability to bend and stoop.
- Ability to lift, push, and carry 40 lbs.
MLS or equivalent preferred plus 5 years of public library experience.
Two years management or supervisory experience.
Paid holiday time
Paid leave time
Vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
Participant in Indiana PERF
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and letter of interest via mail or email to:
Ann-Margaret Rice, Director
Goshen Public Library
601 South 5th Street
Goshen, IN 46526
FIRST PRIORITY DEADLINE: July 15, 2020