Materials that are not available through the EPL/GPL Resource Sharing Consortium may be available to GPL cardholders through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). It may take a few weeks to receive your requested materials. Every effort is made to obtain materials free of charge. If this cannot be done, you will be told of charges before proceeding with the request. Recently released items are not available through interlibrary loan. Please submit requests for those using the PURCHASE SUGGESTIONS form.
To qualify for ILL service at GPL:
Cardholders must have a valid Goshen Public Library Resident or Non-Resident card. Elkhart Public Library cardholders, Reciprocal Borrowers, PLAC cardholders, and all others must go to their home libraries for ILL service. Cardholders must be in good standing, with less than $10.00 in fines.
To place a request:
- Online – Submit your request through SRCS, the Statewide Remote Circulation Service. For more information on how to submit requests through SRCS, click here. (Article requests can not be submitted through SRCS. Please submit using the other options below.)
- By Phone – Call Reference Services at (574) 533-9531.
- In Person – Stop by the Reference Desk to submit the request with a librarian.
- There is a limit of 3 active Interlibrary Loan requests per cardholder
Items usually not available to request:
- Books released in the last 6 months
- Whole issues of periodicals
- Some AV materials, such as DVDs
- Reference materials
- Genealogy materials
If a renewal is needed, please submit the request at least 3 days before the due date. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library. If you requested the item through SRCS, you may submit a renewal by logging into your SRCS account. Please contact the Reference Desk for assistance with renewals.
Overdue, Lost or Damaged items:
Patrons are responsible for returning ILL materials on time. Cardholders will be charged regular GPL fines for overdue materials and any fines imposed by the lending library. Cardholders will be charged for damaged or lost materials as assessed by the lending library.